Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cubeecraft out of scrap... ^_^

I was looking around the web when I saw this cute piece of art, the Cubeecraft. Its really cute so it easily gets my interest. I researched about it a bit and look for some sample images and it's astounding. The uniqueness and simplicity are there. So, I tried to make one. :) I looked for templates over the net and get a scissor, pencil, ruler,  cutter and bond paper. When I found one, I copied the design on my bond paper and cut it out. The result was quite good but I still need alot of practice or maybe just print those templates than making one on my own. :)
 On the right side you will see the Cubeecrafts that I made, the first one is Danbo(white), second is Domo-Kun.

I think it can be also called as Papercraft since it is made out of paper. Maybe they just called it Cubeecraft because most of the shapes are cube while Papercraft has alot of shapes and curves.  Another thing that differentiate these two is how they are assemble. When assembling Papercraft, you will be needing a glue to stick everything, but in Cubeecraft you only need to connect each part and lock each end of the paper, no need to use glue. Quite easy! :) That's all for now, I'll be posting my other Cubeecraft creation next time! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment